Tablet formats and protocols
This page contains information on XY digitizer tablet data formats
- Wacom formats and protocols
There are a number of Wacom tablet series:
- SD series: opaque tablets
- UD series: more modern
- HD series: integrated tablet and LCD (monochrome) prototypes, approx. 1991.
- PL-100V series: integrated tablet and LCD (greyscale).
(The protocol of this tablet model is a subset of WACOM IIS))
- PL-200V series: integrated tablet and LCD (color)
- Wacom hardware is embedded in a number of OEM products (IBM ThinkPad 360 PE)
Pen driver for Linux/X11
wacext.tgz, a Linux X11 driver,
a modified version of the xf86Wacom.so driver by F. Lepied,
which is adapted to work (at least) with:
for which the driver was designed. This is informal software.
If you have improvements, send them to
me. Maybe we can make the modifications part of the XFree86b distribution
once a sufficient quality level has been reached.
- desktop PCs with Wacom HD or SD connected via serial line
- IBM Thinkpad 360 PE
- Toshiba T200
- as well as with the Wacom Artpads
to the Pen & Mobile Computing page
(Page maintained by the NICI Handwriting Recognition Group.
The presence of commercial WWW links on this page does not imply any connection,
endorsement, or judgement by the creators of this page.)
since Nov. '97